Michael E. Rosati
(PDF of Bio)
Michael E. Rosati is a Shareholder with the firm and has over 28 years of experience in municipal litigation in both the state and federal courts. Mr. Rosati has handled complex civil rights matters in both state and federal court, including police civil rights cases, first amendment cases, privacy cases, discrimination cases and general property rights cases. In addition, he has handled almost every type of municipal liability case arising under state law in the Michigan courts. Mr. Rosati has been a featured speaker at numerous seminars and training sessions, has appeared as a speaker on a number of training tapes which have been distributed nationwide regarding topics affecting municipal liability, and has also given individual seminars to police departments regarding aspects of police reporting and procedure.
Farmington Hills Office
Phone: (248) 489-4100
Fax: (248) 489-1726
- Wayne State University Law School, JD 1982
- Michigan State University, BA with high honor 1975
Professional Activities / Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan - Member since 1982
- Public Corporation Section of the Michigan Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association - Public Corporations Law Section
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Designated Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters in the areas of Government/Cities/Municipalities, Civil Rights/First Amendment (2008-2017)
Publications / Presentations
- Presenter at the MIPRIMA Conference on November 5, 2015 at the Inn at St. Johns on updates to Governmental Immunity.
- Featured speaker at the State Bar of Michigan Public Corporation Law Section 2014 Winter Seminar, presenting “Government Immunity, the Current State of the Law and its Impact on Municipalities”
- Contributing author to the book Representing Municipalities in Litigation, published by Aspatore, a division of Thomson Reuters.
- Featured speaker at the 2013 Michigan Communication Director's Association 911 Summer Kick Off, presenting "Electronic Discovery for Human Beings and The Internet Privacy Protection Act".
- Featured speaker at the 10th Annual U.P. Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice Administrators conference in Escanaba, Michigan
- Featured speaker for PESI on the subject of police liability
- Featured in training tapes for the Municipal Risk Management Authority, including police pursuit liability, emergency responders liability and "Anatomy of a Lawsuit"
- Featured speaker at seminars, including events at Ferris State University, Northern Michigan University, and at meetings sponsored by the Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority
- Conducted training seminars at individual police departments, and has spoken for the Prosecutors' Coordinating Council
- Published articles on electronic data discovery in litigation
- Speaker at Public Corporation Law Section meetings